MELVILLE, N.Y., May 22, 2014 – Improving the way information is managed throughout an organization, Canon U.S.A., Inc., a leader in digital imaging solutions, has announced the availability of Therefore™ 2014. Therefore™ continues to enable users to easily capture, archive, retrieve, edit and process information quickly, efficiently and securely, helping to enhance productivity and reduce costs companywide. With a new Case Management feature, enhancements to Therefore™ Mobile App, and an easier way to create new Microsoft® Office documents, this new version of Therefore™ provides upgrades to simplify how information is managed in organizations of any size.
"This latest version of Therefore™ is a byproduct of user feedback from our global community of users, as well as strategic development by Therefore™ Corporation," said Junichi Yoshitake, senior vice president and general manager, Business Imaging Solutions Group, Canon U.S.A., Inc. "Therefore™ 2014 addresses the most requested needs of our user base, to help them dynamically utilize the information that drives their business."
Therefore™ 2014 provides convenient new capabilities that can help any business more effectively manage their valuable information, including:
- Case Management: Providing greater visibility and control over information, while promoting collaboration, the new Case Management feature allows users to manage and organize a group of related files collectively within Therefore™. A case, for example, may consist of a collection of associated files linked to a specific project, claim or account. Now, with Case Management, all of those related files can be organized, viewed and processed together for a more efficient way of working.
- Creating New Documents: With Therefore™ 2014, users can now create new Microsoft Office documents™ from existing Therefore™ documents by utilizing Microsoft® Office templates. This helps improve efficiency by eliminating the need to manually enter relevant information from an existing Therefore™ document, thus saving time and reducing errors.
- Therefore™ Mobile App Enhancements: New in 2014, users can now take photos using the camera on their mobile device, and properly categorize, index and save these photos directly to ThereforeTM. The ThereforeTM Mobile App also supports the new Case Management feature, enabling users to search, edit and participate in workflows on the case level from their mobile device. In addition, Therefore™ 2014 brings support to Windows® Phone 8, Windows® 8 and Windows® RT devices.
- PDF Annotations: Users can now annotate PDF documents in Therefore™ 2014 using a variety of tools, including text boxes, highlight and sticky notes from directly within the ThereforeTMViewer. It is also possible to add a visual personal signature and even digitally sign the PDF for added security.
- Therefore™ Universal Connector: The Therefore™ Universal Connector helps integrate Therefore™ with many Windows®-based applications, without the need for coding. Enhanced for 2014, the Therefore™ Universal Connector now supports the ability to integrate with many web-based applications, such as Salesforce.com®, providing an even greater user experience.
- Multimedia & Large File Handling: Improvements to multimedia and large file handling have been implemented, increasing retrieval speed of larger files and optimizing overall performance of the Therefore™ system. Users can now play video files directly within the Therefore™ Viewer, and also display thumbnail previews of videos for easy identification. In addition, large files can now be configured by the administrator to only be saved to ThereforeTMonce, thereby reducing the amount of storage used.